Android M Developer Preview Update is now Available
After the official announcement in the recent Google I/O a couple of months ago, next build of the Android which code name M has now received its official update . It’s now available for download on a supported Nexus device (e.g. Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, or Nexus Player), the update can be delivered via an over-the-air-update. And for those developers using the emulator , you can update your M preview system images via the SDK manager in Android Studio here.
Here are the recent changes in the API
- Android Platform Changes:
- Modifications to platform permissions including external storage, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth location, and changes to contacts/identity permissions. Device connections through the USB port are now set to charge-only mode by default. To access the device, users must explicitly grant permission.
- API Changes:
- Updated Bluetooth Stylus APIs with updated callback events. View.onContextClickListener and GestureDetector.OnContextClickListener to listen for stylus button presses and to perform secondary actions.
- Updated Media API with new callback InputDevice.hasMicrophone() method for determining if a device microphone exists.
- Fixes for developer-reported issues:
- TextInputLayout doesn’t set hint for embedded EditText. (fixed issue)
- Camera Permission issue with Legacy Apps (fixed issue)