WordPress 3.9 better media editing, gallery previews, audio and video playlists a must Update version
If you have been using the internal features of the WordPress Platform you will be happy with the latest update of WordPress 3.9 it Improves the way gallery shows the images, before you cannot see the preview of the images now with the latest update they added a preview on the visuals tab. also you can now edit the size of the images in real-time you no longer need to load again the image editor just to crop the image it is much faster now using just the handle bar that you will see in the Visual Tab.
Here is a Video showing all the new features and they called the update “Smith” in honor of African-American jazz musician Jimmy Smith.
Download (it’s 6.0MB).
The new features are as follows:
- Improved visual editing: The new visual editor has improved speed, accessibility, and mobile support. You can paste into it from your word processor without wasting time to clean up messy styling.
- Edit images easily: With quicker access to crop and rotation tools, it’s now much easier to edit your images while editing posts and scale images directly in the editor.
- Drag and drop your images: Uploading your images is now as simple as grabbing them from your desktop and dropping them in the editor.
- Gallery previews: Galleries display a beautiful grid of images right in the editor, just like they do in your published post.
- Do more with audio and video: Images have galleries, and now media clips have playlists.
- Live widget and header previews: Add, edit, and rearrange your site’s widgets right in the theme customizer: preview your changes live and only save them when you’re ready. The improved header image tool also lets you upload, crop, and manage headers while customizing your theme.
- New theme browser: WordPress says you can now “lose yourself in the boundless supply of free WordPress.org themes.” Ha.
Before you update always make sure to backup your database and files first 🙂 so if conflicts happened you can still revert all the things you have updated.